Sunday, October 14, 2007

Big Girl Bed.....

Isabella spent her first night last night her in BIG GIRL bed.....at first she was a bit PO'ed that we took her crib down, but once she got in the bed and had her teddy's and blankies and I put her 100 wish quilt on the bed for her to see "Dora", she was ok....she snuggled down under the blankets and I didn't hear a word until 8:00 this morning, I heard her saying wet mommy, wet mommy....so when I went into her room she had wet through her diaper onto her PJ's....thats another story...been working on potty training now for about a month and she just won't tell me when she has to pee. I ask her and she just says no and when I take her to the bathroom she always pee's so in time she will be ready.....so back to the bed.....this bed that Isabella is sleeping in is her Great Aunt Gloria's...she had this bed when she was young and when my grandmother passed away years ago my Aunt gave me this bed....I painted it a nice white and had it in my spare room for the last 4 years.....my Aunt passed away 3 years ago, I think, from a long battle with Cancer and she never had a chance to meet Isabella....I know she would have loved her and been so excited to meet her....she always loved seeing the boys when we would visit PEI.....so I know she would be very proud to know Isabella has her bed and it means a lot that I have a part of her and I know it will mean a lot to Isabella when she gets older and understands the sentiment behind the bed.........

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hooray for Isabella and her big girl bed! That's a big step!