An Awesome Valentine Gift.....And A Not so Awesome one!!!!
So, lets start with the Awesome Valentine Gift!!!!!! I went to the mailbox just a bit ago and this is what was in it.....A letter and picture from Isabella's Foster Family....the picture is of her Foster Dad and Mom....I had pictures of her Foster Mom, but this is the first one of her Foster Dad...How exciting!!! I have no idea what is in the letter, so now I am dying to get it translated!!! I will have to make a call to my friend, Stella!!! She translates my letters for me. I am even more excited about receiving this letter because we haven't heard from them since the summer and I sent a package in August to them and it got returned to me in December saying the address was wrong.....but I used the same address I was always using!!! Anyway, this is great!!!
Now, do you want to hear about my NOT SO AWESOME GIFT!!!!!! Those of you who know Danny, will love this one!!! We have a wood furnace in our house and Danny is very well known for making fires!!!! LOL Well two years ago on Valentines Day Danny had Connor at indoor soccer and I was home with Brett...we had a flu fire...so,here I was on Valentines Day with 9 firemen at my house..now any other time 9 firemen would be an awesome dream!!! But not this day!!! Anyway, the flu fire wasn't so bad and off they went an hour later....so the joke was that Danny got me Firemen for Valentines!!! Whoooo....Ya well, guess what I got for Valentines a day early two years later (yesterday)!!!!! You guess it!!!! SIX Firemen!!!! Oh my Jeezus, I was freaking out big time!!!!!!! This flu fire was a pretty bad one....they had to come back a second time and it took them an hour to get out!!!! Danny climbed on the roof before they came the second time to see what he could do...he slipped ,slid down the roof and burnt the tips of his fingers and cut his hand....nothing serious, but could have been. Anyway, all ended well, but man I have a few more grey hairs!!!! He was complaining about how his fingers hurt and one fireman was going to get some burn stuff out of his truck and I said...oh don't make a fuss over him,I will give him a bandage!!! They almost died laughing!!! I told them they were here exactly two years ago and I am tired of getting Firemen for Valentines....I want CANDY next year!!!! This time the flu fire was just a freak of nature, can't blame this one on Danny!!!! LOL So now I am freezing with electric heat...Oh no!!! We have a chimney inspector coming over Tuesday to check things out and make sure all is A OK to make more fires!!! So, I bet nobody can top that for Valentine Gifts from your man!!!! LOL Even if one of them was cute, it might have made a bit of a difference, but NOT!!! LOL









2 comments:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!What a gift...lol,i have been following your blog since you were in China and always enjoy and get quite a chuckle fom your little adventures.lol
Saint John,NB
lid dec.19th/05
ourjourneytobabym.blogspot.com
Ok, I was on your blog yesterday to wish Conner a big Happy B'day. I had posted this message:
Happy B'day Conner, can't believe you are 8 years old. I always remember you as a very happy and cuddly baby and you still are!! Lots of love for your birthday.
But it didn't post as I lost my internet connection...so one day late.
Then I go on your blog and you have had all the fun of the fire men at your house for Valentine's day!
Alan's gift of candles and card pale a little in comparison - ha.
Post a Comment